Oxford: 01865 950972 

Oxford: 01865 950972 

Marlow: 01628 951283

Advice to other Professionals


We provide our clients with clear and pragmatic advice often working in conjunction with their other professional advisers. We also provide advice direct to other professionals. 

We work with all manner of other professionals to help them meet their clients' objectives 


On the breakdown of a marriage some of the favourable tax advantages are lost for the transfer of assets between spouses or civil partners. We are able to review the position and advise on the potential tax position together with any tax breaks, so that both individuals are treated fairly when determining where assets should pass under the court order. 

Succession planning & exit

If you have clients who are thinking of passing on assets or looking at the consequences of selling their business we can provide advice for individuals.

Reporting non-resident capital gains

From 6 April 2019 all disposals of UK property and land need to be reported and the tax paid within 30 days, whether the asset is held directly or indirectly.
We can help with your report, as well as calculating the gain and tax payable.

We will work with your clients in a way that suits you - including 'white-labelling'

Income tax planning

We are able to offer advice on issues relating to income tax such as remuneration planning, utilising income tax losses, gifting to charity and relief for interest paid.
We can also offer to review levels of taxable income with a view to equalising income for tax purposes between spouses and civil partners.
Additionally, we can advise on the tax aspects in relation to making investments under Enterprise Investment Schemes (EIS), Venture Capital Trusts (VCT) and SEIS (Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme).

Capital gains tax planning

We can advise in relation to those aspects of capital gains tax which impact individuals. We can look at planning in advance of a sale or gift of a chargeable asset, and the timing of such transactions. We can also advise on private residence relief, reinvestment relief, business asset relief and entrepreneurs' relief, as well as how best to utilise capital losses against income and other gains.  
For more information, please contact us.

Contact The Burnside Partnership

For more information on our services or how we can help, please get in touch.