Oxford: 01865 950972 Marlow: 01628 951283 London: 020 3883 1288

Court of Protection & Deputyship Lawyers Oxford, Marlow & London


Support to step in when someone can no longer make decisions for themselves

We do everything we can to make Court of Protection & Deputyship applications simple and stress free for you, so you can concentrate on what matters most

We understand the sensitivity and pressure that often surrounds the circumstances of calling for Deputyship.
If you are looking after someone who has lost the capacity to make decisions about their own care and treatment, but has not made a Power of Attorney, then you will need to consider applying to the Court of Protection to be appointed as a Deputy under the Mental Capacity Act.
A Deputy would be a family member, a close family friend, another loved one or a professional, such as a Solicitor. Once approved, the Deputy is able to access the person’s finances in order to pay bills and invest for future financial stability.
We also support parents and carers in making plans to support children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, special educational needs or disabilities.

We provide expert advice and professional support

How we support clients on Court of Protection issues. Our case studies

Let our specialists handle your Deputyship application

We will confirm that you meet the legal requirements to apply for Deputyship. We can then make this application for you, ensuring an accurate application and optimum processing time. In most cases, you will not need to attend the Court. 

We can also advise on other Court of Protection applications including obtaining permission for attorneys to make gifts, dealing with property sales, and making statutory Will applications.

Excellent client-handling skills.

Chambers, High Net Worth 2017

Expert support and an empathetic approach

We understand the sensitivity and pressure that often surrounds the circumstances calling for Deputyship. Whether the strain is strictly financial or more personal, we take every step to guide you carefully through this legal area, so that whatever your circumstances, you have one less thing to worry about. You can trust us to help you.
If you would like more information on the Court of Protection or Deputyship, please contact us.

Contact The Burnside Partnership

For more information on our services or how we can help, please get in touch.