Sensible tax planning for a secure future
How we can help
In an age of international mobility, we recognise the importance of supporting our clients on the wide-ranging and complex legal issues and tax- and regulatory-related challenges of protecting and preserving their global wealth.
Our specialist international advisors have extensive experience in providing UK advice on matters with a non-UK element, including UK domicile and residence advice, cross-border wealth and estate planning and the use of appropriate offshore holding vehicles.
We appreciate that dealing with the various issues that can arise to a client with international connections may be daunting. We always strive to provide clear and practical advice so that our clients know their concerns have been answered and their needs met.
Working with trusted advisors in other jurisdictions or the clients’ network of advisors, we pride ourselves on being able to deliver a seamless and co-ordinated service to our clients, regardless of where in the world they (or their family or assets) are located.
International Private Wealth
We are here to support our clients on the wide-ranging and complex legal issues and tax-related challenges of protecting and preserving their global wealth.
Examples of the areas where we can provide expert and practical advice are:
● Cross-border wealth structuring and the use of offshore holding vehicles, including non-resident trusts, companies, partnerships and foundations, to achieve international estate planning and succession objectives.
● Navigating the compliance and risk management aspects of tax and trust transparency measures and the worldwide reporting rules in order to help private individuals, trustees and professional intermediaries meet their reporting obligations, including under the UK’s Trust Registration Service (TRS), the US’ Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the worldwide Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
● Pre-UK residence planning and restructuring for non-UK residents who are relocating to the UK, and emigration tax planning for UK residents who will be leaving the UK.
● Examining an individual's UK tax residence status for a UK tax year using the Statutory Residence Test and advising on the number of days they can spend in the UK without becoming UK tax resident given their personal ties to the UK.
● Analysing an individual's UK domicile status in order to determine whether English or foreign law applies for succession and tax purposes, and consider the impact of any conflicting regimes in their estate planning.